The Rector of the University of Warsaw has issued an ordinance on the operation of UW in the state of the epidemic, announced as of 20th March 2021. The document published on 19th March 2021, changes § 17a included in Rector’s ordinance No. 217, issued on 29th September 2020.
As of 20th March 2021, until further notice, classes conducted as part of the 1st, 2nd and long-cycle study programmes, doctoral studies, programmes in doctoral schools, postgraduate studies, and as part of courses and trainings are held by, as per UW Rector’s regulation No. 9 of 18th January 2021. All exams, diploma work defences, and PE classes will be held on a remote basis. It is advised to perform work remotely. While working on-site, not more than one employee should be present in a room. Meetings of collective bodies will also take place online. UW library collections will be made available only in a non-contact form.
Guidelines on UW operation as of 20th March 2021
ORGANISATION OF EDUCATION
- Classes being part of the 1st, 2nd and long-cycle study programmes, doctoral studies, programmes in doctoral schools, postgraduate studies, and courses and trainings are conducted online, according to the UW Rector’s regulation No. 9 of 18th January 2021.
- PE classes will take place only online,
- Sports activities performed by the University Club of the Academic Sports Association can take place in UW facilities provided that the director will provide their consent. All the hygienic and sanitary conditions must be satisfied.
OPERATION OF LIBRARIES
- Libraries make their collections accessible to users, complying with sanitary and hygienic requirements if there are technical possibilities. Libraries operate in self-service mode.
MEETINGS OF UW BODIES AND COLLECTIVE ENTITIES
- Meetings of the bodies and collective entities of the University of Warsaw and other bodies may take place only remotely.
DEFENCES / DOCTORAL EXAMINATIONS
- Doctoral examinations in proceedings of awarding the doctoral degree instituted by 30th April 2019, defences of doctoral dissertations and habilitation colloquia will be conducted only remotely.
WORK AT UW
- If there are no justified circumstances against, heads recommend their employees to work remotely,
- There may be a maximum of one employee working in a given room at the same time,
- The number of people staying in one room at the same time should not exceed one person per desk.