Members of the Council:
- Prof. Mirosław Ząbek from the Centre for Postgraduate Medical Education, neurosurgery and neuroanatomy expert, the country’s neurosurgery consultant – Chairperson of the University Council of UW,
- Prof. Janusz Marek Bujnicki from the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (IMCB), Correspondent Member of the Polish Academy of Sciences, one of the highly cited researchers,
- Prof. Pearl Dykstra from Erasmus University Rotterdam, Member of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences, Deputy Chair of the European Commission’s Group of Chief Scientific Advisors that provides the Commission with high quality, timely and independent scientific advice on specific policy issues where such advice is critical to the development of Union policies or legislation,
- Prof. Poul Holm from Trinity College Dublin, former Rector of the University of Roskilde (Denmark), Member of Royal Irish Academy and Academia Europaea,
- Prof. Marek Karliner from Tel Aviv University, Head of the Mortimer and Raymond Sackler Institute of Advanced Studies, Foreign Member of the Polish Academy of Arts and Sciences, Chairman of the Israeli Committee for High Energy Physics, Member of CERN Council (ex officio)
- Katarzyna Zajdel-Kurowska, Executive Director of the World Bank Group, former Undersecretary of State in the Ministry of Finance and former Member of Management Board at the National Bank of Poland, UW Faculty of Economic Sciences graduate,
- Kamil Bonas, President of the UW Student Council.
Term of office
The term of office of the first University Council of UW will last until the end of 2020. Later, the term of office of the university council shall be 4 years and shall start on 1st January of the year following the year, in which the term of office of the senate started.
Tasks of the university council include:
- expressing an opinion on the draft university strategy;
- expressing an opinion on the draft statute;
- university financial management monitoring;
- university management monitoring;
- appointing candidates for rector, after obtaining the opinion of the senate;
- expressing an opinion on the report on the implementation of the university strategy;
- preforming other tasks set in the statute.
Within the framework of the university financial management monitoring, the university council:
- expresses an opinion on the material and financial plan;
- approves the report on the implementation of the material and financial plan;
- approves the financial statements.