By 14th September experienced researchers from all over the world can apply for Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship with University of Warsaw. More information at www.bob.uw.edu.p
21 faculties and over 20 research units >>
3,700 academic teachers, among them approximately 700 professors
2,900 doctoral students
4 doctoral schools >>
3,200 topics in the fields of the Humanities, Social Sciences and Natural Sciences, as well as numerous interdisciplinary studies including subjects in Medical or Technical sciences
1,600 grants, including almost 200 from international entities, e.g. UE framework programmes (Horizon2020, COSME), European Space Agency (ESA), European Cooperation in the Field of Scientific and Technical Research (COST), Humanities in the European Research Area (HERA), European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO), International Visegrad Fund, Polish-German Science-Fundation, JUSTICE, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
100 international societies and research networks with UW as a member >>
5,200 publications per year >>
6 million library holdings >>
350 international conferences per year
Research budget of approximately 110 million euro in 2018 = ⅓ of the University’s budget
Research is financed from, among others, grants received from national and international research programmes. The University of Warsaw is the most effective of all Polish academies in acquiring funding through competitive calls, and its scholars are often the largest group of laureates in given programmes.
The University’s 2018 projects were financed from over 1,600 ongoing grants.
- Ministry of Science and Higher Education – 288 ongoing grants;
- National Science Centre – 1,053 ongoing grants + 41 ongoing grants for international cooperation;
- National Centre for Research and Development – 19 ongoing grants + 4 ongoing grants for international cooperation;
- Other national subsidies – 54 ongoing grants;
- 7th Framework Programme and Horizon 2020 – 55 ongoing grants;
- Other international subsidies – 39 ongoing grants.