The multiannual plan is a comprehensive programme for the University of Warsaw, which aims at facilitating the development of the humanities and social sciences, reinforcing the international position of the university and increasing the UW impact on the social and economic environment.
As by the Resolution No. 136 of the Council of Ministers of 18th October 2021 on amending the Resolution on the multiannual plan of the University of Warsaw, named ”Uniwersytet Warszawski 2016–2025”, the duration of the programme has been prolonged until 2027.
Within the period of 2016-2027 the University of Warsaw carries out 16 investments on the three university campuses – new buildings or redecoration of the old ones on the Krakowskie Przedmieście campus, on the campuses in the districts of Ochota and Służewiec. Thus, better conditions for working and studying are being created under the plan.
Each investment is discussed with its future users. Approximately one billion złotych will have been transferred to the university to reach the aim of the multiannual plan by 2027.
Together with the duration of the programme, the name of the investment plan of the UW evaluated into the “Uniwersytet Warszawski 2016–2027”.
The aim of the multiannual plan
- transdisciplinary actions
- strengthening of the internationalisation of the university
- lifelong education development
- academic entrepreneurship
- emphasis on the innovative forms of education
- better quality of the social life
Facts and numbers
- dated on 3rd November 2015, the Resolution of the Council of Ministers on supporting the development of the University of Warsaw, as amended on: 13th January 2017; 19th July 2018; 18th October 2021 (legal acts (in Polish) >>)
- the main aim: strengthening the potential of the humanities and social sciences, reinforcing the international position of the UW, increasing the university’s impact on the social and economic environment
- methodology: better conditions for the development of the University of Warsaw and modernisation of its infrastructure
- 16 investments under the programme
- 165 200 m2 of new and modernised buildings
- programme budget of PLN 973 440 440, including the government subsidy of PLN 945 110 500, and the UW finances of PLN 28 329 940
- 2016–2027 – duration of the programme.