Students and doctoral candidates of 4EU+ member universities, including the University of Warsaw, are invited to participate in a first-ever 4EU+ Student Photo Contest on Instagram. The key theme of the contest is Europeanness. The deadline for entry is 3rd May.
Europeanness is an umbrella theme for one of the four programmes of 4EU+ Alliance, Flagship 2: “Europe in a changing world: Understanding and engaging societies, economies, cultures and languages”. More information >>
4EU+ students and doctoral candidates can express what Europeanness and being European mean to them by posting a picture on Instagram with a short description (maximum three sentences).
The following criteria will be taken into consideration:
- Adherence to the contest’s theme,
- The uniqueness of the concept and creative approach to the theme,
- The overall quality of the picture,
- Clarity of expression in the picture description (caption) and the overall message behind the photo.
The submitted works will be first assessed by a jury composed of five 4EU+ representatives from the Management Committee, Flagship 2 Programme Committee, Student Committee, and the 4EU+ Communications Working Group. The jury will select three finalists. In the second stage of the contest, the public will decide who will receive the first, second or third place. Winners will be offered free participation in a language course (Czech, French, German, Italian or Polish) at one of the 4EU+ member universities.
The exact date of public voting will be announced on the 4EU+ website and the 4EU+ Instagram account on 6th May.
The contest closes on 3rd May, 23:59.
How to take part in the Europeanness Photo Contest on Instagram:
- Follow our 4EU+ account on Instagram (@4euplus_alliance).
- Make sure your Instagram account is a public profile. If you do not want to use your private Instagram account, you can create a separate account just for the sake of the contest.
- Post a picture addressing the theme of Europeanness/being European on Instagram. Photos depicting your art: graphic, illustration, drawing or a painting can also be submitted, as long as you are the author and own the copyright to the image used.
- In the caption: Write in max. 3 sentences what Europeanness means to you; Don’t forget to tag @4EUplusAlliance and use the hashtags #4EUplusAlliance, #Flagship2 and #Europeanness
- The posted picture must not have any inappropriate content, language or imagery (no violence, pornographic images, personal or political attacks on people or organisations, etc.).
Deailed information on the contest is available on the 4EU+ website >>