University of Warsaw has been ranked highest in the Perspektywy University Ranking 2023 in terms of institutions providing the best studies in Poland. Twenty-two majors conducted at the UW have been honoured.
Both the University of Warsaw and Jagiellonian University ranked first among academic universities in Poland according to the 24th Perspektywy University Ranking. The ranking includes public and non-public higher education institutions (excluding art schools) that have the authority to confer doctoral degrees.
The third place went to the Warsaw University of Technology, and the fourth place ex aequo went to Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, and the AGH University of Science and Technology.
The university ranking takes into account 30 indicators grouped into seven criteria: Prestige, Graduates on the Labour Market, Scientific Potential, Innovation, Scientific Efficiency, Educational Conditions and Internationalisation.
In this year’s edition of the Perspektywy University Ranking, 74 majors were evaluated. The preparation of the ranking was preceded by the so-called “great calibration” – the Perspektywy Educational Foundation, together with universities, assigned 1,700 university programmes conducted at Polish universities to the most popular majors or groups of majors subject to ranking.
This year, Perspektywy recognised 22 majors conducted at the University of Warsaw as the best in Poland. The UW was followed by: Warsaw University of Technology (15 majors) and Jagiellonian University (11 majors).
“The more successful we are, the greater the chance our international recognition increases. It is positive we are such a strong team,” Prof. Alojzy Z. Nowak, the UW Rector, said at the award ceremony, addressing the assembled representatives of the academic community.
The awarded majors are taught at more than a dozen of the UW faculties. Among them, the largest number of distinguished majors are taught at the Faculty of Political Science and International Studies – the chapter of the Perspektywy ranking gave awards to majors in three categories: security studies, political science, international relations.
Full results of the Perspektywy University Ranking and Ranking by Subject are available at 2023.ranking.perspektywy.org
Featured majors conducted at the UW:
- Faculty of Biology – environmental protection,
- Faculty of Chemistry – chemistry,
- Faculty of Journalism, Information and Book Studies – journalism and communications,
- Faculty of Philosophy – philosophy,
- Faculty of Physics – astronomy, physics,
- Faculty of Geography and Regional Studies – geography,
- Faculty of History – history,
- Faculty of Applied Linguistics – foreign philology (excluding English studies) and linguistics (ex aequo with Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań),
- Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Mechanics – computer science (MA), mathematics,
- Faculty of Economic Sciences – economics, computer science and econometrics,
- Faculty of Political Science and International Studies – majors in security studies, political science, international relations,
- Faculty of Polish Studies – cultural studies, Polish philology,
- Faculty of Law and Administration – administration, law (law majors ex aequo with Jagiellonian University),
- Faculty of Psychology – psychology,
- Faculty of Sociology and Faculty of Applied Social Sciences and Resocialisation – sociology.