Admissions to first-cycle, full-cycle and part of second-cycle studies at the UW in the 2023/2024 academic year will be open from 6th June to 7th July. The UW also prepared an educational offer for applicants from Ukraine. The admissions results will be announced on 20th July.
The University of Warsaw’s educational offer includes the studies in the area of Exact Science, Social Science and the Humanities, as well as interdisciplinary programmes, and the programmes with English as the language of instruction. All in all, there are around two hundred various study programmes at the UW. The full list of the studies that are available in the 2023/2024 academic year, including descriptions of particular courses and required qualifications, are provided on the UW Admission Office website and in the IRK system.
Admissions: key dates and deadlines
- 6th June: registration via the IRK system is launched;
- 7th July: the last day the IRK system is open for registration;
- 20th July: admissions results published;
- 21st, 24th-25th July: first round of the reply to the offer by qualified candidates.
Admission rules and application deadlines for the academic year 2023/2024 >>
The admissions timelines for other programmes of the studies, including the selected studies in English, part-time first-, second- and full-cycle programmes, are specified in the appendix no. 4 of the resolution of the UW Senate>>. In addition, the procedures are published in the IRK system >>
New programmes of the studies
This year new programmes of the studies are opened:
- Biofizyka (Biophysics), full time, first-cycle programme in Polish;
- Quantum Physics and Chemistry – Individual Research Studies, full-time, second-cycle programme in English;
- Geoinformatyka i geofizyka w geoinżynierii (Geoinformatics and Geophysics in Geoengineering), full time, first-cycle programme in Polish;
- Kierunek lekarski (Medicine), full time, full-cycle programme in Polish (pending the approval of the Minister of Education and Science;
- Social and Public Policy, full time, first-cycle programme in English;
- Cyberbezpieczeństwo (Cybersecurity), full time, second-cycle programme in Polish;
- Polityka kulturalna i zarządzanie w kulturze (Culture Policy and Management), full time, second-cycle programme in Polish;
- Polityka publiczna (Public Politics), full time, second-cycle programme in Polish;
- Nanoinżynieria (Nanoengineering), full time, second-cycle programme (admissions from the summer semester).
Results of the matura examination are crucial in the admission to the first- and full-cycle studies. Yet, some programmes of the studies require additional predisposition testing.
The past years admissions statistics and data on the number of applicants per a university place are available on the Admissions Office website >>
Admissions for Ukrainian applicants
As in the previous year, the limits were set for each programme of the studies available only to Ukrainian citizens, who came to Poland as a result of the warfare carried out on the Ukrainian territory. In the 2023/2024 academic year, there will be 1000 places of this kind.
Detailed conditions and procedures of the enrolment for the first year of the first-cycle, second cycle and full-cycle studies at the University of Warsaw for applicants from Ukraine in the 2023/2024 academic year >>
Candidates from Ukraine will be able to apply for admission to study at the University of Warsaw via the Online Admission System for Candidates from Ukraine.
Medicine at the UW
This year, medical teaching will return to the University of Warsaw after a 70-year hiatus. On 10th January, Prof. Alojzy Z. Nowak, the UW Rector, submitted an application for establishing and commencing a full-cycle academic programme in medicine at the University of Warsaw in 2023/2024 academic year to the Ministry of Education and Science.
The programme of the studies was approved by the Senate of the University of Warsaw on 18th November 2022. The Minister of Health handed over a symbolic cheque to the University in the amount of PLN40 million in revenue bonds for activities related to the establishment of a medical degree programme.
The Senate also defined the detailed admission requirements and procedures for the medical studies, including the rules for the admission of laureates and finalists of relevant school Olympiads, and the proposed admission limit (the latter to be approved by a decree of the Minister of Health). It is planned that 60 students will be admitted to the first year of medical studies.
Information on the admissions to the Faculty of Medicine can be found in the IRK system >>