The Welcome Point prepared two workshops for the UW international employees who have recently arrived in Poland. One workshop provides practical information on the structure and culture of the University of Warsaw, and another workshop deals with the cultural orientation and basics of the Polish culture. The registration deadline is 23rd March. It is possible to participate in both workshops.
Onboarding for international staff
This is a practical training on the structure and culture of the University of Warsaw. The meeting is held on 28th March, between 16:30 – 20:00, at 56/66 Dobra Street (the Volunteer Centre of the University of Warsaw).
The workshop objectives:
- handling the culture shock and acculturation process;
- the Polish academic culture: academic values and cultural differences, the organisational culture and the structure of the University of Warsaw;
- dimensions of culture in the context of work in the Polish higher education institution.
Courses implemented under Action II.2.3. “Support of the relocation process of employees from abroad by introducing solutions facilitating involvement of new foreign employees to work at UW and preparation to stay in Poland” of the Excellence Initiative – Research University (IDUB) at the University of Warsaw.
Poland and Poles
The cultural orientation training is dedicated to the international staff of the University of Warsaw. The meeting will take place on 31st March, from 16:30 to 20:00, at 56/66 Dobra Street (the Volunteer Centre of the University of Warsaw).
- a short overview of the Polish Culture: symbols, important figures, behaviour, communication styles and values;
- selected aspects of living in Warsaw;
- the most significant Polish historical, geographical and cultural contexts;
- important dates and traditions in Poland.