On 16th October, Prof. Alojzy Z. Nowak, the University of Warsaw Rector issued a new ordinance on the functioning of the University of Warsaw during the epidemic state announced in connection with SARS-CoV-2 virus infections.
Due to particularly high infection rates, Warsaw has been classified as a “red zone”, and new restrictions have been announced. The Rector of the University of Warsaw issued the document regulating the principles of operation of UW:
- Educational classes being part of the 1st, 2nd and long-cycle studies are conducted only on a remote basis (practical classes can be an exception). Heads of educational units announce lists of these classes and inform their participants about them by 20th October 2020;
- Educational classes, being part of doctoral education, postgraduate studies, courses, are conducted only remotely;
- Exams will be conducted only on a remote basis.
THE ORGANISATION OF EVENTS:
- Open events, meetings, gatherings and celebrations at the premises of the University of Warsaw with more than ten participants are suspended;
- In duly justified cases, it is allowed to organise events, meetings, gatherings and celebrations of a cultural or scientific nature at the premises of the University of Warsaw with seats, provided that every fourth seat is made available to participants, the distance between participants should be at least two meters, and the number of people in the room cannot exceed 25% of the number of seats;
MEETINGS OF UW BODIES AND COLLECTIVE ENTITIES:
- Meetings of the bodies and collective entities of the University of Warsaw and other bodies take place only remotely.
DOCTORAL EXAMINATIONS AND HABILITATION COLLOQUIA:
- Doctoral examinations in proceedings aimed at awarding the doctoral degree, instituted by 30th April 2019, in the primary discipline corresponding to the topic of the doctoral dissertation, additional discipline and a modern foreign language, as well as examinations in the scientific discipline, in proceedings aimed at awarding the doctoral degree, instituted after 30th September 2019 are conducted only remotely.
- Defence of doctoral dissertations and habilitation colloquia will be conducted only remotely.
- Summer schools dedicated to students and doctoral candidates will be conducted only on a remote basis.
WORK AT UW:
- Heads of organisational units may order employees to perform work remotely.
- Sports facilities of the University will be closed until further notice.
Detailed information on the operation of the University of Warsaw during the pandemic is included in two documents: the Ordinance No. 233 of the Rector of the University of Warsaw of 16th October (in Polish), and in the Ordinance No. 217 of the Rector of the University of Warsaw of 29th September 2020 (in Polish).
The new ordinance entered into force as of 17th October.