On 28th-29th March, the first meeting of the librarians, working in the 4EU+ universities, took place at the University of Warsaw Library. Representatives of libraries shared their experiences with information literacy education for international students, access to e-resources, inter-library loan services, international institutional cooperation within library and information science organizations.
4EU+ Alliance consists of six comprehensive, research-intensive, public European universities: University of Warsaw, Charles University, Heidelberg University, Sorbonne University, University of Copenhagen, and University of Milan. Its aim is to create a new quality of cooperation in teaching, education, research and administration and to establish an infrastructure that will seamlessly connect students, academic and administrative staff. On 28th February, the alliance submitted an application in the Erasmus+ European University call. Read more >>
University libraries provide scientific and educational support for universities. During the 4EU+ libraries meeting, librarians shared their experiences with information literacy education for international students, access to e-resources, inter-library loan services, international institutional cooperation within library and information science organizations and reflected how they can contribute to 4EU+ Alliance.
They also drafted the project plan including next steps of cooperation. Those can be divided into six thematic groups:
- Alignment of libraries collections and services with 4EU+ Flagships;
- Libraries’ support for Digital Humanities;
- Common guidelines for Open Science;
- Applying library tools and services to enhance the visibility of 4EU+ joint research excellence, e.g by providing bibliometric and altmetric analyses;
- Library staff development through sharing knowledge initiatives, developing library leaders, staff mobility in the frame of Erasmus+ program, or series of specialized webinars;
- Preparation of 4EU+ Libraries Welcome Package (information and education materials for students and researchers).
The University of Warsaw Library (BUW) collects files both in electronic and paper form. It uses unique historical, artistic and other special collections. BUW also applies new technologies providing access to excellent search tools, strengthening users’ information competence. More information >>
The 4EU+ libraries meeting was attended by the representatives of UW, Charles University, Copenhagen University, Heidelberg University and University of Milan.