We publish an announcement of the University of Warsaw rector on recommendations related to Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 spread.
Due to the increasing number of areas where COVID-19 is spread, including Europe, the University of Warsaw authorities recommend as following:
- To postpone or, in exceptional cases, cancel all events in which people who came back the following countries were to participate: China, Hong Kong, South Korea, Italy, Iran and Japan (announcement of the Chief Sanitary Inspectorate for Travellers, No. 39 on 3rd March 2020). It applies to those who, within the last 14 days, visited the mentioned above countries.
- Decisions regarding postponing or cancelling other events should result from an analysis of potential decisions of participants or speakers. Due to some limitations in mobility, there might occur situations in which people who declare to participate in a given event will decide not to take part.
- To limit, to an absolute minimum, academic events (university-wide, faculty, sports activities, etc.) organised by the University of Warsaw units. It applies in particular to events gathering a large group of participants.
- To limit both national and international mobility. It refers to all groups of UW employees.
- To follow announcements of the Chief Sanitary Inspectorate.
Recommendations included in previous announcements on COVID-19 remain in force.
The University of Warsaw authorities, cooperating with the Medical University of Warsaw, are in direct contact with members of special expert team in virology, set up by the rector, Mirosław Wielgoś. Its task is to monitor risks associated with spreading COVID-19 infection.
If necessary, in the coming days, new announcements on COVID-19 will be issued.