On 18th November the University of Warsaw will host rectors of universities from capital cities of Europe, who will take part in an international conference “Universities in the capitals and the grand challenges”.
Topics of the seminar are related to a cooperation between universities and cities and challenges which universities and capital cities have to face.
Representatives of universities as well as representatives of European cities will be discussing, among others:
- How has the position of universities in European capital cities changed due to recent political developments?
- Universities and their role in creating favorable conditions for urban development u city-university relations: peaceful coexistence or win-win relations?
- What are the most effective ways to strengthen the collaboration between the university and the city authorities?
- What is the role of universities in the refugee crisis?
- What kind of crisis management actions did they put in place?
- New role of higher education in Civic education.
In the conference the University of Warsaw will be represented by Prof. Marcin Pałys – Rector of the UW, Prof. Anna Giza-Poleszczuk – Vice-Rector for Development at the UW, Prof. Agnieszka Olechnicka – Director of the Centre for European Regional and Local Studies of the UW and Dr. Adam Płoszaj from the Centre for European Regional and Local Studies of the UW.
The seminar will be held on 18th November at 9.00-16.30 in the Old Library Aula (Krakowskie Przedmieście Street 26/28). It is organized by the UW in cooperation with UNICA – Network of Universities from the Capitals of Europe.
In order to take part in the event one should send an application to the email address: konferencja200uw(at)uw.edu.pl.