The Open Day at the University of Warsaw Doctoral Schools will be held on 9th April online. The live-streaming will be available in Polish and English. In addition to presentations of the schools and admission procedures, candidates will have an opportunity to participate in a discussion with speakers during the “Doctorate – a school of life” webinar.
The Open Day at the University of Warsaw Doctoral Schools is organised for anyone who is thinking of commencing doctoral studies at the University of Warsaw. The doctoral education at the University of Warsaw is conducted by the four units: Doctoral School of Humanities, Doctoral School of Social Sciences, Doctoral School of Exact and Natural Sciences, and Interdisciplinary Doctoral School.
The meeting starts at 10:00, 9th April ((Saturday). The participants will be presented the educational programmes of the doctoral schools and procedures of the admission.
The meeting is divided into three parts:
- Part 1: live-streaming on YouTube. Each doctoral school (Doctoral School of Humanities, Doctoral School of Social Sciences, Doctoral School of Exact and Natural Sciences, and Interdisciplinary Doctoral School) will present their educational offer. Professor Alojzy Z. Nowak, UW Rector, will join this part of the event. Further, the President of PhD Students’ Union will discuss PhD activities;
- Part 2: the discussion via the Zoom platform about admission procedures, and the question and answer session;
- Part 3: the webinar “Doctorate – a school of life” by Prof. Andrzej Wysmołek. The lecture will be followed by a discussion with representatives of the UW PhD Students’ Union.
Prior registration is recommended to attend the Open Day at the UW Doctoral Schools: https://forms.gle/xh7UGnBPfQMSuGpt7.
The registration is open until 8th April, 12:00.
The live streaming event in Polish: https://youtu.be/KdSN-4F7z-w
The live streaming event in English: https://youtu.be/_6zI2Dd6JUo
The rules of admission to doctoral studies:
- Announcement of the UW rector on the rules of admission to doctoral schools at the University of Warsaw;
- Ordinance of the UW rector on the admissions schedule and rules for registering candidates to doctoral schools in the academic year 2022/2023;
- Resolution of the UW rector on the admission procedure fee for carrying out the qualification procedure to the doctoral school at the University of Warsaw.
More information is available on: LINK