On 7th June, the European Commission released its outline for the 9th Framework Programme for Research and Innovation called Horizon Europe. 14 European associations representing universities united responded to the proposal.
The University of Warsaw is a member of the European University Association (EUA) and the Network of Universities from the Capitals of Europe (UNICA) which appealed to the European Parliament and the Council for the support Horizon Europe and to incorporate the following necessary changes in order to ensure that it will fulfil the EU’s ambitions:
- Increase the total budget (up to €160 billion)
- Review the budget allocation.
- Put the realisation of the European Research Area at the centre of Horizon Europe across all pillars.
- Foresee better linkages between research, innovation and education.
- Include a human and societal reflection, as well as options for fundamental research, in all clusters and missions.
Read the full statement (pdf).