The National Contact Point for Research Programmes of the EU summed up results of 274 Horizon 2020 competitions in which Polish research institutions took part. The University of Warsaw is a leading institution.
Rankings of Polish voivodships and regions, based on the results of particular Horizon 2020 competitions, are created by the NCP in Poland. The University of Warsaw is a leader in submitted applications as well as received funding. The Mazovian voivodship performs the best in the ranking. Its success indicator equals 9.16%, country’s – 6.6%, the UW’s – 12%.
The Mazovian voivodship – a number of submitted applications
- The University of Warsaw – 243
- The Warsaw University of Technology – 174
- The Warsaw University of Life Sciences – 45
The Mazovian voivodship – a number of projects which received funding
- The University of Warsaw – 29
- The National Centre for Research and Development – 26
- The Institute of Fundamental Technological Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences – 22
The Mazovian voivodship – an amount of founding (EUR million)
- The University of Warsaw – 10
- The National Centre for Research and Development – 7.3
- The Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences – 5.5
Regions – a number of applications/ a number of participations in projects/ an amount of founding (EUR million)
- The Mazovian voivodship – 2595/357/94.7
- The Małopolska voivodship – 875/83/19.8
- The Wielkopolska voivodship – 651/86/18.4
In general Polish institutions received EUR 180.9 million founding within the biggest EU research and innovation programme – Horizon 2020.