University of Warsaw Need-based aid and disability services

Our university provides its students and staff with need-based support. Foreign nationals in difficult financial circumstances, who are studying on the same basis as Polish students, can apply for a need-based (maintenance) grant, a housing benefit and a one-time non-repayable allowance.


Students with disabilities can receive a special grant and use dedicated services, including transport, assistant support, disabled rooms in residence halls, equipment rental, a digital library or computer rooms.


You can also count on need-based support if you are a foreign national with a UW contract of employment. The University subsidises holidays and children’s summer camps, provides housing purchase or remodelling loans, swimming pool passes, and serious illness or other exceptional circumstance allowances.


Both students and staff can buy good-value lunches at the university canteen.

Additional information

Disability support

UW Office for Persons with Disabilities    

Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warsaw

Kazimierzowski Palace, room 2AB

ph.: (+48) 22 55 24 222, 22 55 24 224, 22 55 24 277