University of Warsaw Visa and residence permit

! If you are a national of the European Union or the European Economic Area, you do not need a visa to enter Poland. But if your stay exceeds 3 months, you have to register your residence. In order to do this, submit a residence application in person at the Mazowieckie Voivodship Office in Warsaw, not later than on the day following the period of 3 months since you arrived.

More information


! If you are a non-EU national, you should obtain a Polish visa at a Republic of Poland’s mission in your country prior to your trip to Poland. In order to extend your stay in Poland, you’ll have to apply to the Mazowieckie Voivodship Office in Warsaw for a temporary residence card (giving you a residence permit for a fixed period). You should submit the application no later than on the last day of legal residence in Poland.

More information



More information on how to get a visa and residence permit:

English, Français, Deutsch, Español, Português, Pусский, Українська.