University of Warsaw Health insurance

! If you are a European Union or European Economic Area (EEA) national with a valid European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), you are entitled to free treatment from all health care providers who have a contract with the National Health Fund (NFZ) – a public institution which provides funding for health care services in Poland.


! If you come from the European Union or the European Economic Area (EEA) but do not have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), or if you are a non-EU and non-EEA national, you can sign a health insurance contract with the National Health Fund (NFZ) or with a private clinic.


In Poland, health insurance is obligatory for all students – regardless of whether you are planning to stay several months or several years.


University of Warsaw staff with an employment contract pay obligatory social security contributions and health insurance.