Term of office
The term of office of the first University Council of UW will last until the end of 2020. Later, the term of office of the university council shall be 4 years and shall start on 1st January of the year following the year, in which the term of office of the senate started.
Tasks of the university council include:
- expressing an opinion on the draft university strategy;
- expressing an opinion on the draft statute;
- university financial management monitoring;
- university management monitoring;
- appointing candidates for rector, after obtaining the opinion of the senate;
- expressing an opinion on the report on the implementation of the university strategy;
- preforming other tasks set in the statute.
Within the framework of the university financial management monitoring, the university council:
- expresses an opinion on the material and financial plan;
- approves the report on the implementation of the material and financial plan;
- approves the financial statements.